Thermo Scientific Glycogen is a highly purified polysaccharide derived from oysters. It is an inert carrier which significantly increases the recovery of nucleic acids by alcohol precipitation. Glycogen is insoluble in ethanol and forms a precipitate that traps target nucleic acids. During centrifugation, a visible pellet is formed which greatly facilitates handling of the precipitated nucleic acids. Glycogen quantitatively precipitates nucleic acids from diluted solutions with a higher efficiency than that of tRNA, linear polyacrylamide, or sonicated DNA.
Glycogen, RNA grade, can be used for both RNA and DNA precipitation
• Ideal for high recovery of oligonucleotides (> 8 bases) and low amounts of DNA/RNA (> 20 pg) from diluted solutions
• Forms clearly visible pellets
• Does not interfere with enzymatic reactions†
• Does not interfere with gel electrophoresis of nucleic acids
• Does not interfere with spectrophotometrical determination of DNA/RNA concentration, (A260 to 280 measurements)
• Compatible with DNA transformation and in vitro transfection
† – At a final concentration up to 8 µg/ µL, Glycogen does not interfere with PCR, DNA sequencing, DNA digestion by endonucleases, ligation, cDNA synthesis, DNA labeling, in vitro transcription, or bacterial transformation. At a final concentration up to 0.4 µg/ µL, Glycogen does not affect in vitro transfection of eukaryotic cells.
Concentration: 20 mg/ml
Unit size: 2 x 0.1 mlFor more details, please follow https://uk.vwr.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?catalog_number=R0551